Till the recent past, cosmetic surgery was reserved for the rich and famous. It allowed people with money to stay forever young, leaving the rest to feel inadequate in the shadows of their perfection. Luckily, low cost cosmetic surgery in India and other places abroad has helped make it possible for more people to enjoy the benefits of going under the surgeon’s scalpel. Both men and women are seeking out cosmetic surgery, with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reporting that between 2010 and 2011, there was a 5 percent increase in the number of plastic surgeries performed in the United States. Both sexes will find cosmetic surgery in India to be drastically cheaper without compromising on quality.
Popular Cosmetic Surgeries Available in India
These days, patients are flying to every major city in India to get many different types of cosmetic surgeries. Facelift surgery in India, for example, is quite popular among both men and women looking to ramp up their looks without shelling out a fortune. In addition to that, people are flying to New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and other major Indian cities to get procedures such as:
- Augmentation surgeries for fuller breast, lips, and buttocks
- Hair implants for covering up a balding head
- Liposuction for a chiseled body
- Cheek implants for a more attractive countenance
- Tummy tucks for flatter bellies
- Eyelid surgery for removing wrinkles and excess fat from around the eyelids
These are just a few of the many options of surgeries available in India. Almost every kind of cosmetic surgery is available in the major cities of India.
Before You Get Cosmetic Surgery in India
As with any major medical procedure, it is important to keep a few things in mind to ensure that you get the best treatment possible when undergoing cosmetic surgery in India. You should:
- Do All of Your Research. Know as much as you can about your doctor and the facility where you plan to get your cosmetic surgery done.
- Try to Get Personal Testimonies. Hearing from previous patients will help you make a better decision about your desired procedure in India.
- Know About the Procedure. Be it a thigh lift or beard hair restoration in India, try to learn as much as you can about your desired procedure. See that you make a good candidate for the procedure. Also, do not forget that plastic surgery is not an end in itself. You need to feel good about yourself and not get addicted to getting occasional nips and tucks.
Cosmetic Surgery Trip to India – Other Things to Do
While you are in India getting cosmetic surgery, you should take some time out to explore the country. After all, how often are you going to visit India in a lifetime? It is a widely diverse country with great beaches and verdant mountains and is steeped in culture and history. Some things you might want to check out are:
- The Taj Mahal – One of the seven man-made wonders of the world, you can’t miss a day trip to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Agra is just a few hours from Delhi.
- Kerala – Kerala has some of the most beautiful backwaters you will ever see. It is a great place to get away and enjoy the tropical greenery, beautiful sun-kissed beaches, and sample delectable food.
- Delhi – If you are getting your cosmetic surgery in New Delhi, you will find many monuments, forts and other great pieces of architecture. As the capital of India, New Delhi is rich in history, politics, and modern life. New Delhi is full of malls and parks worth exploring. Some of the must-sees are the Qutab Minar, the Red Fort, the Lotus Temple, the Jama Masjid, Connaught Place, the India Gate, and Rajpath.
- Rajasthan – The land of Maharajas, palaces, and forts, with shimmering golden sand dunes (in Jaisalmer), lakes (in Udaipur) that equate with elixir just like an oasis is to the parched travelers, and a juxtaposition of the controlled hubbub of the modern day with the indolence of the days of yore (in Jaipur), Rajasthan has all the makings for a perfect getaway in an exotic land.
- Goa – Goa is a destination not to be missed if you happen to be a sea lover. The tiny West Indian state is synonymous with tropical beaches, the vibrant Portuguese architecture, ornate cathedrals, rich flora and fauna, pulsating trance music, loads of shopping options, and scrumptious sea food. Given the numerous pleasant distractions it has to offer, it isn’t hard to figure why Goa is a perennial favorite of those having wanderlust.
These are just a few of an endless number of places worth seeing in India. Prior to going to India, do your research about the city where you choose to get cosmetic surgery and its surrounding areas. This will help you plan the vacation of a lifetime in India!