Whether you collect your frequent flyer miles because you are always going on business trips, or you travel a lot just for the sake of traveling and unraveling your mind, you must be quite accustomed to packing.
When it comes to the items that you pack on your trips (both for business or recreational purposes) – the must-have items will vary from one person to another, as it has to do a lot with personal preferences and needs. However, there are some must-have items that all frequent travelers should consider taking along on each and every trip.
Following is a list of these items, but you can suggest some more via comments:
- An MP3 Player. It goes without saying that music can make a lot of agonizing or boring times a lot more bearable. If you are a frequent traveler, you can certainly attest to the fact that an MP3 player is a vital travel item. Whether it is to help you fall asleep, to help you pass the time without getting bored, or to help you drown out the crying baby that is sitting behind you on your flight. An MP3 player will quickly become one of your best friends when you are traveling.
- A Tablet. Another gadget that all frequent travelers (especially the business travelers) should take along is the tablet. Whether it’s a Kindle, an iPad or any other type of tablet that is on the market, it will help you in more than one ways. A tablet or smart-phone can act as an ebook-reader, a movie player, a guide (thanks to Internet) and even a camera. A table is lightweight and thin, making it easy to carry, and you can use it while on-flight (check with airline safety regulations prior to using it).
- A Travel Pillow. Every frequent flyer (or someone who has traveled on railcars or bus for longer periods) knows that long journeys can get really uncomfortable. There’s only so much comfort you can find when you are stuck in the seated position for so long. Travel pillow is a great way to gain a bit of comfort while you’re traveling, and to get some shut eye (which will help make the journey pass much quicker and give you some much needed sleep-hours). There’s a huge variety of travel pillows on the market, from smaller versions of the pillows to donut-shaped pillows that wrap around your neck – and even inflatable pillows – so you will certainly be able to find one that suits your needs and budget.
- A Luggage Scale. Now-a-days, it seems like airlines are billing you for everything – including your baggage. If you are sick and tired of getting hit with extra fees for overweight bags, then you should have a luggage scale. With one of these devices, you will be able to check the weight of your packed bags, and make adjustments when needed, so that you don’t get stuck paying another added baggage fee again. There are several models of baggage scales on the market, and most are lightweight and very compact, doesn’t matter which one you choose, you will be able to easily transport it in your carry-on bag.
- Waterproof Storage Bags. If you have ever reached your destination only to find that your shampoo bottle exploded all over your clothing, you know how frustrating the situation can be. When you travel, things tend to shift in transit, no matter how well you think you have packed them. In order to avoid experiencing such accidents, use waterproof storage bags. Tuck your shampoo, conditioner, lotions, perfumes, medicines and any other objects that may be subjected to opening or breaking and thus damaging your personal items. Even if the items do burst open in transit, the other items won’t be damaged and clean-up will be much easier to handle.
If you see a lot of traveling in your future, you’d want to take along the aforementioned items in order to ensure a comfortable and smooth journey. Happy traveling!
Saba loves to travel, and share her experiences at different blogs to help out first-time travelers. If you’re looking to visit Merimbula to enjoy activities like whale watching, Golf, water Activities, and bowls, you should try staying at Sapphire Waters Motor Inn, which is ranked at # 1 at TripAdvisor.