Cyprus is an island country located south of Turkey at the eastern portion of the Mediterranean Sea. The atmosphere in Cyprus is relaxing and peaceful, and many people are choosing to take a holiday on the beautiful island. If you are planning a trip to the island, here are the top 10 travel destinations in Cyprus.
1. Ayia Napa: Located in the south and eastern portion of Cyprus, this area is home to gorgeous beaches and vibrant nightlife. Ayia Napa boasts the largest club in Cyprus. You can also ride Poseidon’s waves at Waterworld Waterpark. Price of admission is £33 for adults and £19 for children.
2. Paphos: In Paphos, you can see Tombs of the Kings, as well as exquisite churches and huge castles. Aphrodite, the goddess of love, came in from the sea in Paphos, and the biblical apostle Paul was shipwrecked on the island. You can rent excellent holiday villas in Paphos. Most villas rent by the week, and you can expect to pay between £135 and £700.
3. Limassol: This tourist resort, located directly on the sea, provides stunning and unique beaches. The city is home to a castle, which was built in the 14th century. There are also many archaeological sites to visit, such as the historical Greco Roman Theatre. You can visit a folk art museum, which consists of a collection of folk art over 2000 years old.
4. Larnaca: Situated on the eastern portion of Cyprus, you can visit spectacular beaches, historical museums and archaeological sites. The city is home to vibrant nightlife, as well as excellent cuisine and numerous shopping opportunities. The city is home to quality Cyprus apartments in which you can stay while on your holiday. You can rent an apartment for as low as £260 per week.
5. Platres: This village was built on the Troodos Mountains. The highest peak of the mountains is Mt. Olympus, where legend has it that the Greek gods once ruled. While in Platres, you can see beautiful waterfalls and scenic views while relaxing in an awe-inspiring atmosphere.
6. Nicosia: This city is Cyprus’ capital and largest city. It is in the centre of the island and is home to historical museums, lively nightclubs and excellent restaurants. The city is rich with history, and the architecture is fascinating.
7. Paralimni: This small town on the east coast of Cyprus includes a charming square in the heart of town that includes a magnificent fountain. There are numerous shopping opportunities, as well as superb restaurants. It is a picturesque town that provides a memorable holiday.
8. Kyrenia: The history of Kyrenia goes back to the Trojan War. The weather in the city is beautiful, as the sun shines most days of the year. It is a harbour town that offers beautiful beaches, in which you can fish, swim or just relax. You can also see a historical castle, which was once used as a prison.
9. Famagusta: This historical city is home to churches, cathedrals, palaces and much more. You can also see one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. While in Famagusta, you can enjoy hiking, biking, water sports and horseback riding.
10. Coral Bay: Coral bay has some of the best beaches in Cyprus. You can enjoy the many water activities on the island, or you can explore the banana plantations and vineyards in the area. You can take a scuba diving expedition for £40, and you can take a snorkelling trip for £34. There are many top-notch hotels in Coral Bay, as well as holiday villas in Cyprus.