With the ever-rising cost of medical expenses in the US, medical tourism continues to have substantial growth each year. Approximately 750,000 Americans go overseas for medical procedures each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Many of those people head to New Delhi, the capital city of India, to receive top end care. Patients get everything from plastic surgery to spine surgery in New Delhi.
The Allure of Medical Tourism in New Delhi
There are a number of reasons why more and more Americans are seeking medical care in New Delhi every year. A few of those reasons include:
- Renowned Doctors. Some of the most sought after doctors in the world work at the leading hospitals in the national capital of the country. Don’t be surprised if you happen to read a plaque saying that your doctor in Delhi has studied at a prestigious medical school! The country boasts of a number of US-returned medical practitioners.
- Quality Care. Despite the low price tag of procedures at the reputable hospitals of the city, their quality is comparable to that found in the medical facilities in the West.
- Use of Advanced Technology. The hospitals in New Delhi are equipped with state of the art technology that ensures you get the best possible treatment. If you’re lined for getting something as complex as pectus excavatum surgery in New Delhi, you’re sure to want the most advanced technology possible, and that’s what you’ll get.
What Can I Do While I am in New Delhi?
Before or while you are recovering from your medical procedure in New Delhi, you can explore the city or take a short trip out of the city. Some options are:
- Short Trip to the Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World. If you go to New Delhi for getting treated, you should consider taking a trip to the Taj Mahal (of course, if your health permits). It is located in Agra, which is roughly four hours from New Delhi.
- Heritage Sites around New Delhi. As the national capital, New Delhi is opulent in history. Here you can see the Qutub Minar, the largest free-standing brick minaret in the world or the Red Fort, which has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. If looking for tranquility, you can head for the lotus-shaped Bahá’í House of Worship.
- Shopping. If you aren’t up for sightseeing, then New Delhi has plenty of large and modern shopping malls. Those bored of glitzy malls can bargain for silks, leather items and intricate jewelry in the earthy bazaars of the city.
- Night Life. If you like going to bars and clubs, you’ll find that a vivid night life awaits you in New Delhi.
Because of the country’s liberal surrogacy laws, a number of the want-to-be parents throng India for hiring a womb. If you are getting surrogacy in New Delhi, then it is likely that you will have to stay in the city for longer than other medical procedures. In the event that you want to stay in New Delhi for a month or so, it is quite possible to find an apartment for short term rental. You will also find all of the necessary amenities such as:
- Western Supermarkets
- Western restaurant chains
- Laundry services
- Short term car rental services
- A thriving international community, so you won’t feel away from home!
Whether your medical procedure requires you to stay just a week or months, you will find that New Delhi is a very accommodating city.