Proposing marriage is one of the most romantic occasions between two people. Regardless of age or ancestry, the location of this event is usually remembered on a lifelong basis. The emotional aspects of asking someone to be a life partner are monumental. Thus, the event can hold even more sentimentality when it occurs in an beautiful, stimulating, secluded, or exotic locale. Next to choosing just the right engagement ring, the location plays a true supporting role in this event of a lifetime. Below are some of the more popular places where people choose to pop the question.
1. The Pont Neuf, Paris has always been considered a place of great romance. As a historic 16th century structure, there are few places that can compete with its beauty. The majestic central bridge and its view of Paris over the Seine River is one of the best places to inspire the beginning of a lifelong partnership. As an added bonus, there are many other landmarks and countless activities to experience while in Paris, which deserves its reputation as one of the most romantic cities in the world.
2. In Venice, Italy, the rivers and lovely palazzi have been featured in countless films are a relaxing way to spend time with a loved one. Many couples enjoy a gondola ride, complete with a serenade while on holiday. Few places can evoke the same type of genuinely passionate and heady atmosphere of Venice, Italy. Should you make a proposal there, it is also a great location in which to relive the experience in years to come.
3. Los Angeles, California is one of the best sites in the U.S. to pop the question. While Central Park in New York can be quite romantic with their neighboring mountains, seaside shores, and urban landscape, there really is nowhere else in the United States that provides accessibility to so many types of exciting adventures as California.
One of Los Angeles’ perks is that it is easy to get to, making it relatively more affordable than other exotic locations. Whether it’s to treat one another to pleasant year-round weather fit for celebrities or browse Los Angeles jewelry stores downtown, L.A. can make any couple feel like stars. Drop by the star-studded sidewalks of Hollywood, rub elbows with the rich and famous on Rodeo Drive of tour celebrity homes, or take a gorgeous drive down the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) to Big Sur. Just a few hours north are Monterey and San Francisco, where there is so much to do and see that spending a few weeks is well worth anyone’s while as a vacation destination any time of the year.
4. The Waipi’o Valley, or Valley of the Kings, on the Big Island of Hawaii is one of the most breathtakingly scenic treasures in the world. The waterfalls, streams, and ocean can create one of the most unforgettable proposal events possible. It’s also a great place to take a relaxing vacation for a most tranquil, calming, and rejuvenating experience with a loved one.
5. Pitons, St. Lucia’s exotic volcanic peaks create a naturally unique and stimulating environment with stunning views for any romantic adventure. The magnificent landscape with its crystal clear, blue water and emerald volcano ridges make it one of the most striking and memorable romantic destinations in the world.
6. Hyams Beach, Australia is an oft overlooked, quiet, secluded beach just South of Sydney. It has some of the whitest sands anywhere, well documented in The Guinness Book of World Records. This makes it an ideal place for one of the purest, most sincere backdrops to consider for a marriage proposal.
Chances are, the story of how your proposal occurred will be recounted again and again over the years to come. Going to a special place to mark the occasion will only make it more memorable. Just remember to take photos or videos!
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigscoutproject/5193584883/
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bareego/6450007187/