Best Things to See and Do while Traveling to London
Do you wish to know that which are the best things to see and do while you travel to London? Here I’m going to share with you all those things like where to eat, sleep, drink, shop and more.
Best Things to Do
- Walk along South Bank – If you want to see some of the most famous buildings of London such as Tower of London, Shakespeare’s Globe and Tate Modern then you need to just follow the Thames from the London Eye along to Tower Bridge.
- Get a Great View – To watch the entire city from above, you can climb to the top of the monument and the dome of St Paul’s Cathedral & now there is also a viewing platform at the top of tallest building of London, Shard.
- Visit the museums – You can select the museums to visit like the British Museum and National Gallery, which are big names in collections at London’s museums and more you can check some of the smaller museums such as Sir John Soane’s Museum and more.
- Escape the city into the parks – You have multiple choices in London’s parks and gardens, like St James Park to huge, hilly Hampstead Heath and many hidden gardens nearby residences.
- Go though London’s History – To go deep with the history, you have the option of the walking tours around London, from the haunts of Jack the Ripper, Harry Potter film locations to Olympic, London.
Where to Eat?
Obviously you can get food at almost every part of London. Still I need to specify one of the my favorite food markets that is Borough market which has 70 stalls, selling from UK. Thai, Turkish and Japanese are the more valued and popular food over there.
Where to Drink?
If you want some recommendations, the Booking Office and Champagne bars at St Pancras are good for you! If it is the winter, you can’t beat a cozy pub with a log fire, like The Flask in Highgate.
Markets and Shopping
London has a variety of markets. Some of the good and popular markets are Borough market for food and drink then Portobello Road market for antique items and fashion, Camden market for vintage and alternative clothes.
Moreover, don’t miss to shop the UK Local SIM Card for International Calling to avoid your International roaming bills. As this UK local sim will not charge you from any incoming UK local calls plus it will help to cut down your roaming costs of data usage, voice calls to home country. Check out the SIM card provider firms Gosim, Worldsim, 0044 and PrePayMania from where you can avail UK Local SIM Card.
As we all love savings then always go for the best option only whenever shop anything! Happy travels!
Born in Bristol UK, Christy Root is a professional writer currently based in London. Christy began writing for small business in the few years back. It wasn’t long before the two worlds merged and writing about travel & technology. You can follow her at Google+.